LG Electronics, in conjunction with behavioural psychologist Jo Hemmings and relationship coach Paul Bruson, embarked on a study exploring the impact of shared TV watching on long-term relationships.
- To understand how television, often seen as a passive activity, can actively contribute to relationship health and longevity.
- To uncover the types of TV shows and genres that resonate most with couples.
- Conducted a comprehensive survey with long-term couples to assess how shared TV viewing habits influence their relationship dynamics.
- Analysed the psychological and emotional effects of watching specific TV genres and shows together.
- TV shows like “Line of Duty” and “Gogglebox” are popular among long-term couples, enhancing their emotional bond.
- Shared laughter from watching comedies strengthens relationships, with 43% of couples acknowledging its positive impact.
- The synchronization of couples’ brains during shared TV viewing deepens emotional intimacy.
- Couples spend an average of 630 hours per year watching TV together, highlighting the importance of this shared activity.
- The study emphasizes the significance of shared activities, like watching TV, in maintaining and strengthening long-term relationships.
- It brings a new perspective on how everyday activities can contribute to relationship health and satisfaction.
LG Electronics’ study sheds light on the positive aspects of watching TV with a partner, challenging the stereotype of TV as merely a passive, solitary activity. It underlines the importance of shared experiences in fostering strong, enduring relationships.
Broadcast Coverage for LG Electronics:
- Total Opportunities: 21
- Total Reach: 10,978,000
- 100% LG Mention and Research Discussion in Coverage
- Extensive coverage across national and regional outlets, including BBC Radio 1, 18 BBC outlets, and more.
- The study’s findings resonated with a wide audience, sparking interest and discussion about the role of TV in relationships.
- The study provides a new angle on the benefits of shared TV watching, potentially influencing consumer perceptions of television’s role in their lives.
- The findings offer LG Electronics a unique marketing opportunity, positioning their TVs as catalysts for relationship enrichment.